BECOMING A DENTAL ASSISTANT
Would a new career in dental assisting interest you?
Then, please consider our program at DTA! Our Classes are Small so that we can give you the Individual attention you need ! Our goal for our graduates is for you to get a job in your dream career…. Fast! Use our experience to help you! A career as a Dental Assistant can provide steady job security, great consistent pay, and a professional , respected work environment!
We all have choices in life.
Choosing the right dental assisting school makes all the difference. DTA provides the high quality hands-on learning you need to have to gain the dental career you’re looking for!
In just 8 short weeks, Are you ready to start your exciting new career as a dental assistant?
Please give us a call for Course Dates and Payment Plans: 205.900.2020
Dental Training Academy is licensed by the Alabama Community College System
It’s a good idea to learn as much as you can about a career before you start your training, so that you can be sure that you are making a decision that makes sense for you. A profession in dentistry may be right for you! Our field is expected to grow faster than other average occupations through 2030, according to the Labor Bureau!
In today’s economy, there are many more jobs available than there are qualified Dental Assistants! The demand for dental professionals is out there, why not benefit from this opportunity?
We want you to be prepared. Check out these stats:
- Your job as a Dental Assistant is recession-proof.
- Upon entry, You can earn $12 – $14 per hour.
- You’ll work inside, in a clean, bright & professional atmosphere assisting Dentists with dental procedures, and possibly doing lab work and / or office duties.
- Your new career may come with benefits such as sick leave and paid vacation, medical insurance, reimbursement for continuing education, scrub reimbursement, pension plans , like 401k and profit sharing and / or bonus.
- By becoming a dental assistant, you will join a team of professionals focused on oral care.
- Because new techniques and materials in dentistry are constantly being introduced, dentists need the support of qualified dental assistants, and job prospects in this field are excellent!
- As a dental assistant, you’ll be part of a high energy, bustling work force.
You could spend much of your day on your feet.
- The DTA’s Dental Assistant program prepares graduates to assist in a variety of dental office procedures.
DTA’s program gives students a background in dental anatomy, pathology and terminology, and includes the study of dental materials and chair-side assisting techniques.
- Graduates of DTA’s program will be trained and prepared to assist dentists with exams and perform a variety of dental procedure. DTA will instruct you on instrument preparation, conducting dental laboratory procedures, as well as reception and office management procedures.
- Once you are ready to start your new dental career, we’ll be there with you every step of the way! From resume, to job search, to interview, we are there!
- Some of DTA’s graduates will go on to become dental hygienists! These are the specialists who actually clean teeth and perform other routine dental procedures. Some dental assistants become office managers, dental-assisting instructors, or dental product sales representatives! These career requires additional education and training.
You’re Probably Asking, What does a Dental Assistant do? Here’s What to expect in a Typical Day’s Work As a Dental Assistant.
Dental assistants perform a variety of tasks, which could include the following:
- As a Dental Assistant, you will be wearing a mask, protective eyewear, a lab coat and gloves. This protects both you and the patient!
- You will Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
You will Sterilize Clinical Areas
- You will Prepare and lay out the instruments and materials required to treat each patient
- You will Obtain and update patients’ dental records / medical history
- It’s your job to Help patients feel more comfortable in the dentist’s chair
- You will Hand instruments to the dentist during oral care procedures
- It is always important to Anticipate the Dentist’s procedural needs
- It’s crucial to Keep patients’ mouths clean and dry using tools such as suction hoses
- You will Instruct patients on general oral care as well as post-operative care.
- You will Take and Process x-rays
- You will Make Impressions of patient’s mouths
- You will Fabricate models and temporary crowns
- You might Handle lab responsibilities under dentist’s direction
- You will Clean the room after the appointment is over
- You may Assist with front-office tasks, such as appointment scheduling
- You may Assist with billing, payment, and insurance procedural education and training.
You Probably Want to Know…. What important qualities make an excellent Dental Assistant?
Are you Detail oriented?
A great Dental assistants will follow specific rules and protocols to help dentists treat a patient.
Do you have Interpersonal skills?
A great Dental Assistant will work closely with dentists and patients! Let’s face it, not everyone loves coming to the Dentist. Sometimes patients are in extreme pain or mental stress, and the assistant must be sensitive to them and help them appropriately.
Do you have Listening skills?
A great Dental assistant will have good listening skills! They need to follow directions from a dentist so that they can help treat our important patients!
Do you have Organizational skills?
A great Dental assistant must have excellent organizational skills. They should have the Operatory , or clinical room organized with the correct tools in place for the dentist to use when treating a patient.ance procedural education and training.
You’re probably wondering , How many hours are in a typical work week?
Most Dental Assistants work around 32-40 hours per week. While Most dental assistants work full time, there are excellent opportunities available for those only desiring to work part-time. Some dental assistants may work evenings or weekends, depending on the hours of operation at the office where they work.
You probably want to know, How much do Dental Assistants earn?
Most Dental Assistants earn between $22,680 and $47,090 annually, according to the U.S. Labor Bureau.
Can you picture yourself in the Dental Field? Can you handle these responsibilities? Does this sound interesting to you? Can you picture yourself as a Dental Assistant?
If so, call us now!! At DTA, we are here to help you be successful!
Your New Dental Assisting Career Outlook
Dental Assistants: US Bureau of Labor Statistics
What’s really cool, is that the dental field is ever-evolving! The field of dentistry is constantly changing both medically and technologically. Dentists have to keep up with increasing patient loads, and they will need the help of qualified dental assistants even more today than they ever have in the past. In addition to entry-level positions, dentists are seeking out those who have completed a dental-assisting program like we offer at DTA, and also people who have met the requirements to take on expanded functions within the dental office.
Growth!! Did you know that dental assistants are expected to be among the fastest growing occupations? Don’t take our word for it!! According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, the job outlook for dental assistants is positive! The handbooks states, “Employment of dental assistants is projected to grow 25 percent from 2012 to 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations.” How exciting, Join us now!!
What will I learn at The Dental Training Academy?
DTA teaches a wide span of skills that will ensure the success in your career in the dental field! DTA’s accredited dental assistant program will train you in chairside assisting, dental software, digital radiography, front office duties and much much more.
Let our experienced Dentist, Office Manager, Hygienist, and Dental Assistants train you for your new career!
What about Certification?
As with any career, Most states regulate the duties that dental assistants are allowed to perform. The state regulates this through licensure, or certification. When you gain Dental Assistant Certification , it is an acknowledgment of a your qualifications and professional competence. Your Dental Assistant Certification will be an asset when you’re seeking employment! At DTA, upon completion of our program, you’ll be a certified Dental Assistant!
At DTA, you’ll gain Hands-on experience in a modern , up to date dental office! We will provide you with your very own scrubs, your books, and all the tools and safety gear you’ll need to learn how to be a great dental assistant! Best of all, you’ll have our experience! We have been in the dental field for a very long time, and have a passion for our industry! We want you to be an integral part of our growing industry!
We know you have choices. Choosing the right dental assisting school will make all the difference in your dental career! The Dental Training Academy will give you the high quality hands-on learning that you will need to obtain the dental career you’re striving for! We are here for you, Let us help you achieve your goals!